With JIRA Replay you can visualise and analyse history of a project on a JIRA Kanban board.
- Watch your project unfold on an animated, customisable Kanban board.
- Graph historical changes to issues in a project.
- View charts and visualisations that provide better understanding of performance of the teams.
JIRA Replay is available from Atlassian Marketplace. It is currently only supported on JIRA Server version 6.1 or higher. JIRA Cloud support is coming soon.
To install the plugin, please follow the Universal Plugin Manager documentation.
Replaying history for a project
JIRA Replay doesn’t require initial setup and is ready to use right after installation. To access is, navigate to any project’s page and click Replay Project History link:
The image below shows the layout of the main screen:
Filters and Settings
The top section of the screen allows you to:
- Select a filter (by default all issues from the project are selected).
- Define start and end dates for which the history will be shown.
- Select grouping of issues in separate groups on the board – “swimlanes” (by reporter, priority, or issue type).
Playback control at bottom of the screen allow you to:
- Turn the animation on/off.
- Jump to any time between start and end date.
- Change speed of animation of JIRA Kanban board.
- Toggle the charts on/off.
Issues are shown and animated on the JIRA Kanban board similar to the one below:
Each issues shows a progress bar which indicates how long it took to finish work on it in that column. Progress bars are animated during playback.
Number and titles of columns depend on the workflow and configuration of JIRA Replay for a particular project (see Configuration section below).
Anatomy of detailed issue view
A – General information: Issue key, type, assignee, summary
B – Progress in current column (or greyed out if this is the last column issue spent time in selected timeframe)
C – Issue status history as colour coded columns
D – Total progress marker
E – Resolution marker (shown only for issues which got resolved)
Graphs can be turned on and off from the playback control panel. We’re currently supporting:
- Cumulative Flow Diagram.
- Liquidity diagram (histogram of number of changes per unit of time, and running averages of those).
- Creation/Resolution of issues.
For the tips on how to use graphs, check the How To… section.
Configuration of JIRA Kanban board
Configuration is available from Project Administration page. That screen allows you to configure for each project how statuses map to columns.
The first time you use JIRA Replay for a given project every status from currently active JIRA workflow will be mapped to its own column.
Customisation of configuration may be necessary in case you want to:
- Replay history of issues from outside this project which use statuses not in this project’s workflow.
- Group several statuses in one column (e.g. put all Development related statuses in single column, and all Testing related statuses in another).
We have a series of blog posts that detail some of the features. You can find them under JIRA Replay category.
Data security and privacy statement
This add-on doesn’t send any data (including user, issue, configuration etc.) from the JIRA instance it’s installed on. It uses JIRA database mechanism to store user settings. User settings are therefore stored in the same database as the rest of project data.
This add-on is read-only – it doesn’t modify any data in the JIRA installation (apart from settings, which are created per user, and kept separate from all project data).
This plugin is supported by SNG Technologies Ltd. (based on London, UK). Please contact us via email and we’ll endeavour to respond within few hours. Please note, that we don’t provide 24/7 support at the moment, so emails sent outside working hours may take longer to respond.